Amazing Photography

I'm constantly amazed by some of the high quality photography ones finds on the Net. There's so much it's impossible to make references to all of it. Sometimes whole albums are simply astonishing. Here I want to record some of those which 'hit me between the eyes' so to speak, and make an emotional mark on me, recording themselves indelibly in my brain.

A contentious area of photography has to do with the erotic - using that word in its widest sense. Yet in this arena I frequently find some of the most amazing photography there is. Without doubt human beings are the peak of divine creation, in terms of our incredible complexity and beauty - again using the word in its widest sense, recognising that beauty can be found in the most ordinary of people. That goes for human psychology and spirituality, as well as our wonderful bodies. 

So I dedicate this post to a celebration of the beauty of the human form. I don't want to idolize the body and turn it into something to be 'worshiped'. Only God deserves that exalted place. But just as we can admire a beautiful sunset, or landscape, so we can admire a beautiful body, and give glory to the One who created it. 

(Some photos have yet to be included in this post. Click on some images for larger versions.)


A modern day Dianna (the Roman mythological Huntress)











No comments: